Hello! Thank you for visiting my website.
I’m Lauren, a Yoga Therapist & Psychologist.
A bit more about me…
I’m someone who loves to follow my heart, move, meditate, laugh and most of all, connect with people on a heart-level.
I have a background in Psychology at both undergraduate and PhD level. Bridging psychology and spirituality is my passion. My goal is to help people to break through anxiety, stress and self-doubt, so that they feel healthy, inspired and empowered to live vibrant, meaningful lives.
While studying for my PhD I knew that I wanted to use my talents in a slightly non-conventional way. After a challenging few years of uncertainty and self-doubt as to where I was headed, I received my doctorate along with some invaluable life lessons! I learnt that the nudge to ‘follow your heart’ doesn’t go away easily…
At the same time as studying my doctorate (where I focused on the relationship between insomnia and depression), I took the leap to pursue a Yoga Therapy Training. This 18 month journey totally changed my life and allow me to combine science and spirituality in a way that felt really authentic to me.
Since then, I haven’t looked back! I have also trained in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (known as ACT) which is an amazing talking therapy that really helped me to get clear on my values, what I want to stand for, and how to manage the things (namely, the voices of self-doubt!) that always tried to hold me back. I now offer this therapy with my clients and integrate it into my yoga teachings.
In 2016 I enrolled on an advanced ‘Yoga Psychology’ training with Ashley Turner, and susbsequently onto her ’13 moon Urban Priestess Mystery School’ with Sianna Sherman. Through these courses, I have delved deeper into spirituality, archetypes, self-empowerment, and shadow work. I am on a continuing journey of self-discovery, learning lessons and looking within, so that I can support others to do the same. I believe that the path of empowerment begins by understanding ourselves, knowing our triggers, owning our story and choosing to see things differently. I also feel strongly that self-compassion and self-care are essential ingredients for a happy life.
I currently run Yoga Therapy courses several times a year in my home town of Bournemouth, as well as 1-2-1 therapy. In the summer you’ll often find me teaching on Yoga Retreats in Sardinia (you can read about how I manifested this dream job here) and teaching Yoga classes on the cliff top in Bournemouth.
The best way to get to know me is to join my newsletter (at the top of the page – you will also receive a handy free guide & audio that I created!). I like to speak from my heart and get to know people in my community. Please join and get in touch!
I hope that ours paths will cross soon,
- PhD & Degree in Psychology
- I have given a range of talks for charities, radio and corporations focusing on sleep and wellbeing
- Currently teach Psychology at undergraduate & postgraduate level
- Insomnia – related training:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I, with Prof Colin Espie and Prof Allison Harvey)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Insomnia (ACT-I, with Dr Guy Meadows)
- Presented research findings at multiple renowned international sleep and psychology conferences
- Received a merit-based award from the Sleep Research Society for exceptional quality sleep research in 2014
- I have been a committee member for several branches of the British Psychological Society
- Completed a 500-hour Yoga Therapy Training with the Minded Institute (specialising in mental health)
- Accredited with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
- I have taught specialised yoga classes for insomnia (at the Sleep Retreat in Hampshire) and teach regularly at Rethink Mental Illness. I also run drop-in classes for staff at Bournemouth University as well as mindfulness classes for students.
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Experiential Introduction With Skills Training – Mindfulness Training Ltd (April / May 2015)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Intermediate Level Skills Training (June / July 2015)
- Inspiring the Deepest Kindness – ACT workshop with Prof Kelly Wilson (Jan 2016)
- Therapist’s Use of Self in ACT (March 2016)
- Yoga Psyche Soul Advanced Yoga Teacher online training with Ashley Turner
- Urban Priestess Mystery School with Ashley Turner and Sianna Sherman
I am insured with Balens.
If you are interested in working with me please get in touch or download my free ’12-Step Ultimate Self-Care Guide’ at the top of the page!