*NEW* Online Version of this Course – Click Here for Details
A deeply reflective and enlightening course, weaving together yoga and psychology for ultimate mind-body transformation…
I have loved the course over the past 7 weeks. I got so much from it that I never expected and it has helped me to grow both personally and professionally. It has helped me to make positive lifestyle changes and solidify habits like daily meditation, relaxation and home practice. 10/10.(Anna)
What is a ‘chakra’?
The chakras are an ancient energy system that provide a road map to explore the intricate relationship between the body, mind and soul. The word chakra means ‘wheel’ or ‘disk’ and refers to an energetic centre in the body which correlates with particular bodily and emotional functions. The chakras provide a practical tool for navigating all areas of life, both on and off the yoga mat.
Here’s an overview of each chakra and what you’ll learn…
Plus you’ll get a great physical workout, clear your mind, replenish your body and meet some new, likeminded people.
This has been a really good journey of self-discovery and enlightenment. It has really made me think about ‘what makes me tick’ and most importantly where I want to be in the future. Thank you for a wonderful course! 10/10 (Jo)
Each weekly 2-hour session will include:
- An overview of the chakra in terms of its connection to the physical body, emotions, and developmental psychology
- Guided reflection to help you to ‘check-in’ with any imbalances
- A yoga practice specifically designed to stimulate each chakra on a physical, mental and emotional level
- Deep relaxation practice (pratyhara) – to balance the ‘doing’ and ‘being’
- Breath practices (pranayama)
- Meditation practices (dhyana)
- Chanting & Mantra (exploring the healing power of sound)
- Affirmations (to plant positive intentions into the subconscious mind)
- Discussion of home practice & lifestyle recommendations
- Supportive sharing – an opportunity for you to share insights / ask questions (however there’s no pressure to share)
“I loved this course and it has had a huge impact on me. Lauren is an excellent teacher – knowledgeable, wise and skilled. 10/10” (Ginny)
“I have loved this course, it really has been a journey of personal transformation. I have learnt so much about myself and it is just the beginning of an exciting journey.10/10 ” (Annabel)
What is unique about this course?
This is not just your typical ‘physical’ yoga course; we delve deep into philosophy, psychology, physiology, meditation and practical lifestyle tools that help you to flourish on all levels. By exploring our inner world, we develop a non-judgemental, compassionate understanding of ourselves. Through this awareness, we learn tools to heal old emotional wounds and break negative patterns of behaviour, creating space for growth and transformation. We learn that the body and mind are inseparable, and through working with both, we have the potential to create powerful shifts.
We work from both the ‘outside-in’ (using the physical body and the breath to change how we feel on the inside), as well as the ‘inside-out’ (confronting our thoughts and behaviours to create big shifts in our external world).
This course is a culmination of years of study and teaching in Psychology and Yoga, my own transformational journey, as well as a series of Chakra workshops that I have been delivering over the past year. I am thrilled to share it with you!
“An enlightening course, providing a safe, secure, lovely environment to explore myself, my fears, my emotions, hopes & dreams…10/10” (Jane)
- An in-depth manual with lots of information for you to explore between sessions (includes an overview of each chakra, additional information, home yoga practice, affirmations, lifestyle considerations, reflective questions)
- Recorded MP3 meditations / relaxation practices for you to download and use at your will (so that you can always plug into some inner peace!)
- A private Facebook group dedicated to the course
- Email support available between sessions
*100% of previous attendees rated this course 10/10!*
This course is for you if:
- You have an open, curious mind and are invested in your personal growth
- You have some previous yoga experience (even if you still consider yourself a beginner)
- You feel that you are holding yourself back on some level, and are ready to deal with the ‘stuff’ you have been avoiding, so that you can start to move forwards in new, positive directions
- You have felt the effects of yoga on an emotional level, and you want to understand the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ behind this
- You have an interest in psychology / yoga philosophy / spirituality
- You want something that is more than just ‘gym-style’ yoga, something deeper, personal and supportive
- You are committed to enhancing your wellbeing; you know that change starts with you and that when you take care of yourself, you have more to give to others
This course isn’t for you if:
- You are only interested in the physical side of yoga
- You are currently struggling with a severe mental health issue and have not done my previous yoga therapy course (click here to read about this course) Please speak to me if unsure
- You are completely new to yoga and mindfulness (I would recommend starting with my 8-week course)
- You aren’t ready to delve into your personal stuff (e.g. if it is too ‘raw’ or you just don’t feel ready – my 8-week course may be a better start for you)
- You have a major physical health issue that significantly impairs your movement (click here to find out about 1-2-1 sessions)
“I enrolled on this course to enable me to have a clear mind as I approach career crossroads. I left with a real sense of knowing myself, my boundaries and what brings me joy. Thank you for all the inspiration, it will stay with me always. 10/10.” (Tracey)
The important details…
Next course dates:
Starting again October 9th 2017 in Bournemouth from 6.30-8.30pm (for 7 weeks)
End date: 20th November
Venue: Studio behind the Goat & Tricycle, 27-29 West Hill Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5PF (on-street parking and nearby carpark)
*NEW* Online Version of this Course – Click Here for Details
Standard Course Package – Includes the complete 7-week course
- £197 earlybird (until 9th September), £217 thereafter
Deluxe package – Includes the complete course as above, plus two personalised 1-2-1 Yoga Therapy sessions with me to use during / after the course (valid for 6 months from course end, worth £120 – saving £40 off standard rate)
- £277 earlybird (until 9th September), £297 thereafter
Yes, I’m in! How do I enroll?
Great! First of all, please download and complete the registration form by clicking here – Chakra course registration form
Once you have completed the form, please email it to me (details on the form). I will then send you a link to the booking page.
Not sure, or have questions? Feel free to contact me to have a chat to see whether the course would be right for you.
The course provides a safe space to focus on oneself and how we are and want to be in the world; in relationships with ourselves and others. It is an opportunity to learn through reflection and develop with patience through mind & body. 10/10 (Bee)
An amazing journey! I felt more like the real me during this course than I have in a long time and I hope to bring that authenticity into the rest of my life. 10/10 (Rachel)
Beautiful course! Fantastic supporting content – book & MP3s. Lauren has a beautifully serene yet deep style of teaching. A true personal exploration.” 10/10 (Gemma)