- You experience chronic insomnia, either struggling to fall asleep or waking up throughout the night
- You feel as though your mind is constantly racing and worrying about not being able to sleep and the effects of poor sleep
- You feel as though you have tried every technique there is – warm milk, hot baths, oils, pills, music, yet none of these have worked in the long-term
- It feels like every day is a constant struggle, having to battle through the day feeling exhausted
- You often cancel activities or purposefully hold yourself back from doing certain things because of your insomnia
- It feels like insomnia affects every part of your life, from your relationships to your work and home life
- You find it hard to talk about it to other people who don’t understand what you are going through
Perhaps you wish…
- That you could overcome your insomnia in a natural way, without having to rely on a million things in order to fall asleep
- That you could get your life back, so that insomnia no longer prevents you from doing the things that you enjoy
- That you could enjoy holidays and special occasions without worrying whether your insomnia will ruin it
- To be able to share a bed with your partner again
- To be able to let go of the struggle and just feel like you again
How can I help?
I’m Dr Lauren Kita, a Psychologist and Yoga Therapist specialising in mental health and insomnia. During my PhD I conducted many sleep studies and learnt about the latest different therapeutic methods for helping people to overcome insomnia.
The sleep therapy that I offer is based upon scientific evidence, integrating approaches from mindfulness, ACT and CBT.
What we will do together:
- Learn about the key factors that are maintaining your insomnia
- Discover how trying to force sleep and fight against insomnia can inadvertently fuel the problem
- Learn psychological skills to help you to deal with difficult sleep-related thoughts and feelings, so that they have less impact on you
- Establish your ideal sleep-routine to increase your natural ability to sleep
- Create a plan so that your lifestyle supports good sleep
I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Lauren’s services as a Sleep Therapist. After years of insomnia, I had resigned myself to the fact that sleep was something other people did, but not something I could rely on or even anticipate, certainly not with any sense of pleasure or expectation.
Lauren changed all that in just two sessions! She is an expert in her field, professional, friendly, patient, and completely approachable. I trusted her instinctively from the moment she phoned me in response to my enquiry and meeting her in person only reinforced that first impression.
I am sleeping better than I have done in years and at long last, I have some answers and some techniques to help me keep it that way. My only regret is that nobody pointed me in Lauren’s direction sooner!
Elizabeth (aged 63, sleep therapy Bournemouth)
Sleep strategy session: £60 (75 mins)
Includes a pre-session assessment, notes / exercises to take-away.
Follow-up sessions: £60 / hour
Sessions are conducted face-to-face in central Bournemouth, or over Skype.
To book either of these packages or to find out more, contact me to arrange a free 10 minute consultation.
Sleep therapy Bournemouth